Remotely connect to virtual machines running on VMware vSphere, ESXi or another copy of VMware Workstation. Workstation’s web interface lets you access local and server hosted virtual machines from your PC, smart phone, tablet or any device with a modern browser…..
VMware Workstation 9, available now, also includes the ability for users to access their desktops, by phones or tablets, through a browser. The software has also been tailored to work with computers running Intel’s new Ivy Bridge processors.
The new version, the first major upgrade since last September, can support Windows 8 in a number of ways. The software can recognize multitouch screen gestures, which Windows 8 was built to accommodate. Workstation’s Unity, which allows users to run applications in a virtual machine without actually running the virtual machine itself, can handle Windows 8 applications. The software recognizes the USB 3.0 standard, also supported in Windows 8. On the Linux side, this version will be the first to run Linux’s OpenGL 2.1 graphics library.
To help you and your organization evaluate Windows 8, master the Metro UI and test your applications, VMware Workstation 9 is optimized for running Windows 8 virtual machines and running on Windows 8 PCs.
Workstation’s new web interface allows you to access your virtual machines running in Workstation or vSphere on a tablet, smart phone, PC or any device with a modern browser.
Create virtual machines that are encrypted, block USB devices, require a runtime password, and another password to change virtual machine settings.
With faster 3D graphics and support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 3D graphics in a Windows and now Linux virtual machine, VMware Workstation easily handles demanding 3D applications like AutoCAD, Solidworks, and many current games.
Key new features in VMware Workstation 9 include:
- Windows 8 Support– Easy install simplifies the task of creating virtual machines for Windows 8 that can run simultaneously with a variety of legacy operating systems. Unity mode intelligently works with Windows 8 applications, and multi-touch support ensures a true Windows 8 experience.
- More Powerful Virtual Machines – Faster startup performance, USB 3.0 support for Windows 8 virtual machines, Intel™ Ivy Bridge compatibility, more powerful virtualization extensions, virtual performance counters, support for OpenGL 2.1 on Linux and improved 3D graphics performance make running highly demanding applications simple and efficient.
- Increased Mobility – A new Web interface allows access to virtual machines running in Workstation or on VMware vSphere® from tablets, smart phones, laptops or desktop PCs. This high performance, Web-based interface delivers a native desktop experience and does not require flash or browser-based plug-ins.
- Restricted Virtual Machines – IT administrators and instructors can create virtual machines and configure them to prevent employees or students from dragging and dropping files between virtual and physical desktops, attaching devices, or tampering with the virtual machine settings. Once restrictions are configured, the virtual machines can be encrypted and distributed to run on Mac, Windows, or Linux PCs with VMware Fusion® 5 Professional, Workstation 9, or VMware Player™ 5.
Rules: complete the entry methods below to enter:
- Subscribe to our free mailing list (remember to click the activation link or the subscription will not be valid)
- Leave a comment below. Insert a valid email address, will be used to contact the winner(s)
Prize: 1 x VMware WorkStation 9 for Windows and Linux
Giveaway duration: 10 days
Winners selection: random.org