Winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware® Workstation™ is recognized for its broad operating system support, rich user experience, a comprehensive feature set and high performance. Workstation is designed for professionals that rely on virtual machines to get their job done.
Take Your Productivity to the Next Level
- Run applications on multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and more at the same time on the same PC without rebooting.
- Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment.
- Demonstrate complex software applications on a single laptop in a repeatable, reliable manner.
- Consolidate multiple computers running web servers, database servers, etc. onto a single machine.
- Build reference architectures for evaluation before deploying into production.
- Simply drag and drop to move your virtual machines from your PC to vSphere, or the cloud.
Access Anytime, Anywhere
- Seamlessly access all of the virtual machines you need, regardless of where they reside.
- Remotely connect to virtual machines running on another instance of Workstation, or on VMware vSphere®.
- Workstation’s web interface lets you access local and server hosted virtual machines from your PC, smartphone, tablet or any device with a modern browser. No Plugins necessary.
Run a Cloud on Your PC
- Workstation enables you to build a cloud on your laptop.
- Run 64-bit virtual machines within vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V Server running in a Workstation virtual machine.
- Run VMware’s Micro Cloud Foundry and other cloud infrastructures such as Apache’s OpenStack.
- Run Big Data applications from companies like Cloudera including the Apache™ Hadoop™ software library.
Run Your Most Demanding Applications
- Workstation takes advantage of the latest hardware to replicate server, desktop and now tablet environments.
- Create virtual machines with up to 16 virtual processors or 16 virtual cores, 8 TB virtual disks and up to 64 GB of memory per virtual machine.
- Support for HD audio with 7.1 surround sound, USB 3.0 and Bluetooth.
- Virtual processors that include Virtualization extensions.
- SCSI, SATA, and IDE virtual disk controllers.
- First to provide a virtual magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyroscope in a virtual machine.
Rest Easy with Restricted Virtual Machines
- Create virtual machines that are encrypted, require an administrative password to change and expire on the date you set.
- Perfect for delivering applications to employees, contractors or students.
- Software evaluations can be delivered to prospective customers as expiring Virtual Appliances.
- Restricted virtual machines can be run by anyone using Workstation, VMware Fusion® Professional, or VMware Player® Plus.
The Best 3D Graphics
- Workstation was the first to support 3D graphics in virtualized environments.
- Run 3D applications with support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 3D graphics in Windows and Linux virtual machines.
- Easily handles demanding 3D applications like AutoCAD, Solidworks, and many current games.
- Optimized graphics driver for Windows XP.
- The latest Linux distributions include VMware’s graphics driver and will run 3D desktops and applications out of the box.
And much more
1 (Mandatory) – subscribe to our free newsletter (remember to click the activation link in your inbox, or the subscription will not be valid)
2 (Mandatory) – submit a comment to this post with a valid email address (will be used to contact the winner, Important! )
Earn more entries (Optional):
4. Share this giveaway on social networks (post the shared link in the comment as proof)
Prize: 1 x VMware Workstation 10
Giveaway duration: 10 days (Open Worldwide 18+)
Winners will be selected using random.org
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. One qualifier per household. You need not be present to win.
Eligibility: In order to submit entries, entrants must be of at least 18 years of age, this contest is open worldwide.
How to win: The prize winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted from all qualified entries on or about the date (or days) specified above.
All entries must be received on or before the Contest Entry Cut-Off Date (or Days) specified within the Contest duration.